One stop employee benefit plans for small businesses
Who is eligible? Businesses that use any
Freedom Benefits affiliate* for 2014 online insurance enrollment are eligible
to use our cafeteria-style employee benefit
plan resources at no additional charge. Other businesses are eligible at a modest
fee; see the pricing page. Fees for
accounting and advisory services still apply.
* 2014 insurance exchange
enrollment affiliations are still being developed at this
time but should be announced soon. We expect to
endorse a change from our former affiliation with
Healthcare.gov to a new arrangement with Ehealth through the
Members Insurance Exchange.
What is included? Electronic
delivery of plan documents, employee notices and claim
submission are included in the basic package.
What benefits are available? Any
combination of exchange-purchased health insurance (with or
without subsidies), supplemental insurance (individual or
group), life insurance, Health Savings Account, Flexible
Spending Account, and other benefits on request.
What options are
available? For an additional fee, we provide
assistance with payroll integration, claims administration
and annual reporting (if required).
What are the advantages? A flexible
benefit plan allows an employer to take control and maximize
options available under Obamacare:
- Break free of the control of insurance companies
- Allow employees access to health insurance exchanges
- Access savings available through insurance subsidies
- Take advantage of available tax credits
- Make maximum use of health reform options
- Reduce overall insurance costs
- Empower employees with personal help with health benefits
- Change the fundamental focus of employee benefit plans to help boost overall employee health and financial
Taxation of small business health plans article
New article 3/4/2012: "Taxation
of small business health plans"
Freedom Benefits provides prototype plan documents, checklists and
sample communications for most types of employee benefit plans.
See the site map for a list of
plan documents currently available.